Saturday, September 6

I don't mean to sound pancreas, but I excrete a lot of bile.

Before we get too far along, I feel the need to send up a tribute to the man who made me say, "Damn, I need to write this shit down." This man, you may remember him, went by the rakish moniker mrpersunality. His first email said:

you seem like ur inteligent enough for extended conversation. what say you and i chat on yahoo sometime when ur not playing with your hair or staring at your butt in the mirror? LOL jk hopefully you heard more than bla bla blaa bla blaaa LOL

I checked his profile and read this sentence, soon to be embedded in my
psyche as a battle cry for That Guy:

i don't mean to sound vein but i feel i have alot of gifts

I have been regretting, since my reply to him, that I did not use the title of this post in my response. Either that, or "I don't mean to sound cilia, but I love a pun!" It has weighed upon my mind, this intriguing sentence and all its possible mutations.

Therefore I challenge you, readers, to complete this sentence:

I don't mean to sound _________ (a), but I _________ (b).

Where blank A is some part of the human body, and blank B is either a
plausible biological function, a pun, or a non-sequitur of your choice. Bonus points if you manage to convey false humility in the process. Bonus bonus points if you use a homonym for your blank A. Go!

6 comments:

posthumous said...

I don't mean to sound corny, but my feet are hard for you.

posthumous said...

I don't mean to sound wristless, but I don't want to shake your hand, smoochykins.

posthumous said...

I don't mean to sound T-bone, but yer some fine pickins.

Wendy said...

I don't mean to sound visceral, but you boweled me over.

Anonymous said...

Don't mean to sound crochety, but I'm the one you kneed.

Anonymous said...

I'm back. Don't mean to sound small, but I think you should shoulder some of the blame for that frontal attack. What nerve!