Saturday, September 6

Text message spelling in an email box.

Okay, this happens a lot, and I am not sure how to feel about it. That is, I know how I do feel about it, but not how I should. I loathe it.
I see that u r 1 fine woman

I should be happy, right? He's paying me a compliment. But when I see the first u standing in for "you," I feel like I got Lucky Charms when I ordered hot oatmeal. Sure it's all cereal, but you can't just substitute one for the other.

As he continues to spell out his query in Alphabits, my potential love sours like milk too long in the fridge door:
an u tell it like u see it an I would like to chat with u an become friends on here an see what might happen cause im not in to that bar life eather. if u would like here is me email an my IM is there to ts**66@yahoo I hope to hear from u soon
In his profile, he describes himself as a "plain ole countre boy" who enjoys "carpentery" and graduated high school. That's about all it says. These sparse profiles with no photos? Cold cereal, seriously. I know that if the best photo you have makes you look like Charlie Manson, then you should leave off the image. But don't you have any friends? with cameras? Dude. Soggy.

2 comments:

jillbobill said...

Oh, Wendy!

"an u tell it like u see it an I would like to chat with u an become friends on here an see what might happen cause im not in to that bar life eather. if u would like here is me email an my IM is there to ts**66@yahoo I hope to hear from u soon"

And, and, and, and, and.... RUN ON SENTENCE!

Wendy said...

Yeah, that was an issue too. Also, who doesn't spell out "and"? Is adding the "d" that hard? Does he not know the difference between "an" and "and"? Because that right there is a deal-breaker if ever I saw one.