Wednesday, September 10

Logical? That's definitely not me.

I get a lot of one-line emails. Most of them say "Hey how are u today" or something like that. Innocuous, but empty of any real sentiment or information or, well, anything. I think the guys who send those just want to look like they're sending you an original message, without any of the actual work of writing one.

But every once in a while I get one that is ridiculous in a whole new way. Today from sbronches:
Liberal? Thats definitely not me, take a look at my profile.
Yes, I did say in my profile that I'm politically liberal. And not religious. I looked at his profile, which lists his relationship with "the Lord" as most important and goes on about how that's non-negotiable:
I need my match to be at least open to and interested in pursuing God and to want a relationship with Him first, that means regular church attendance eventually. This shows at least some commitment to learn about God and follow His principles..

Reading this, I agree that sbronches and I are not a good match. Therefore:

Dude, why are you emailing me? Do you think I'm going to change my mind about my political and religious feelings because I glanced at your profile? Do you just want to let me know you and I are not going to work out? Preemptively? Like, before I even knew you existed?

Thanks, buddy. Good thing you cut me off before I fell hard and fast for you.



UPDATE
I emailed sbronches to ask why he had sent me a message at all, when he didn't think we were well matched. He said it was because I had sent him a "flirt" first. In fact, I had not. I emailed the site admins to ask WTF? Haven't heard back yet.

Therefore:
Dude, sorry.

No comments: